Need help submitting your writing to literary journals or book publishers/literary agents? Click here! →
You may not be able to visit these museums in person right now, but you can always visit online. In celebration of International Museums Day on May 18, Writer’s Relief has rounded up a list of museums sure to delight every literary aficionado!
- The National Endowment of the Arts has a list of museums for literary lovers.
- Literary America at the American Writers Museum website offers an interactive map to locate literary landmarks near you!
- Book Riot provides an interesting selection of American author museums.
- Conde Nast Traveler contains a gallery of seven famous authors’ homes you can visit.
- For kids (or the kid in you!), Fatherly lists six museums dedicated to Dr. Seuss and other authors of children’s literature.
Grab a cup of coffee, get comfy, and start touring these literary-themed museums today!