Time recently released lists of the 100 best books for children and the 100 best books for young adults. Take a look.
Top 5 Young Adult Books (Ages 12 and up)
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
- Harry Potter (series) by J.K. Rowling
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
Top 5 Children’s Books (Ages 3–11)
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey
- Little Bear (series) by Else Holmelund Minarik
See the full lists: Best Young Adult Books and Best Children’s Books.
QUESTION: Are your favorite books on this list?