2. Too many late nights spent writing and rewriting will make you feel like a zombie. Get some rest!
4. Of course your mother likes your writing. But for an unbiased opinion, consider joining a writing critique group.
5. It’s important to honor your personal deadlines. Really, really important.
6. If you don’t carefully proofread your work, editors and agents will have a strong reaction.
10. Using big, fancy words won’t make you sound smarter or your writing seem better (but it might accidentally wake the dead).
11. Ignore grammar or genre rules at your own risk.
12. Don’t get sucked into watching TV: Read a book.
13. Always try to see things differently.
15. Don’t let rejection letters make you crazy.
18. But there will be times you’ll just be bursting with writing ideas!