We read a lot of literary journals here at Writer’s Relief, since we’re always researching literary markets for our clients’ creative writing. And we’re regularly impressed by the literary journals that feature authors of color from all walks of life.
That’s why we’ve put together this very special edition of our Lit Mag Love Contest—to increase awareness and support for literary journals dedicated to publishing the poetry and short prose of writers of color.
Help us spread the word about these wonderful literary journals!
The winner(s) of our Lit Mag Diversity Spotlight Contest will receive great prizes donated by these participating literary journals!
- Apogee’s Spring 2014 issue
- As Us: Issue 1 & 3
- BLACKBERRY: A Magazine’s December 2013 issue
- Two copies of Blue Lyra Review’s Anthology of Diverse Voices and a voucher for critique of a manuscript or chapbook (up to 36 pages) by editor Matthew Silverman
- A voucher for a critique from Cecile’s Writers’ Magazine
- A shout-out as a friend of Diverse Voices Quarterly on journal’s website, with a link to the winner’s website and social media
- Duende magnets and bookmarks, as well as a couple of their favorite poetry chapbooks
- Sinister Wisdom’s tribute to Adrienne Rich and Living As A Lesbian by Cheryl Clarke (published by Sinister Wisdom Press)
- Four issues of Xavier Review and two books published by Xavier Review Press
This contest is open to ALL readers of any ethnic background!
Would you like to win? Enter by following these directions—
By NOVEMBER 30, access our Writers Of Color Lit Mag Resource and choose one of the following options to enter:
- Subscribe to TWO print journals listed on the resource page linked above (that you don’t already subscribe to); or
- Sign up for the mailing list or donate to TWO of the online journals on the page linked above; or
- Choose one action from option #1 and one from option #2.
Then comment on this post (or the Writers Of Color Lit Mag Resource page) and tell us how you chose to enter!
This contest is now closed. Congratulations to our winner, Wendy Lu! Thank you to all who participated.
PLUS—Once you’ve completed the above criteria, it’s easy to increase your odds of winning:
- Share this contest on your favorite social network using the following text (and remember the hashtag!):
#supportlitmags Great contest! Support lit journals for writers of color—win free stuff! How cool is this? http://bit.ly/1EGGEDt
- Post this paragraph on your blog or Facebook page:
Hi, friends! Writer’s Relief is sponsoring a great contest to support literary journals that publish authors of color. All you have to do is choose from a list of participating journals and subscribe to two print journals or donate/subscribe to two of the online journals—or do one of each option! Plus, you can tweet, post, or SHARE this contest (like I am!) for additional chances to win. Lit mags are so important for writers and readers. Won’t you join me in supporting them? Learn more: http://bit.ly/1EGGEDt
Watch our free our free newsletter Submit Write Now! to see if you’ve won.
Thanks so much for joining Writer’s Relief to support literary journals that publish the work of writers of color! Good luck!
DEADLINE: 11:59 p.m. EST on NOVEMBER 30, 2014. This contest is now closed. Congratulations to our winner, Wendy Lu! Thank you to all who participated.
HINT: See our social share buttons down here? Click them to share the word about this contest, and you’ll be automatically entered to win our bonus prize!
We will require proof of subscriptions/donations only for the selected winner(s) (no need to offer proof unless you win). Donations must be made and/or mailing list subscriptions must be signed up for between NOVEMBER 13 and NOVEMBER 30 to qualify, or prizes are forfeited. All posts on blogs or social media sites must be public, meaning visible to people who are not following you, to be eligible. Winner(s) must have a U.S. address. All winners will be randomly selected.