How To Submit Your Creative Writing Online

by | Mar 11, 2010 | Other Helpful Information | 9 comments

Peter K. Hixson Contest Now Open For Submissions Poetry and Short Story Writers ONLY

Day(s)

Hour(s)

Minute(s)

Second(s)

Deadline: Saturday, July 31st

You are now only five minutes away from knowing how to make online submissions to literary journals using a submission manager. Simply click the link below to watch our video tutorial, or read on for more information!

Why submit online?
There are many reasons online submissions are efficient and effective. Sending your poems, stories, and essays to publishers via online submission managers will enable you to submit an unlimited number of pieces (from the comfort of your home, even in your pajamas), for a fraction of the cost of making traditional print submissions.

There are a few different ways journals and publishers may want you to submit your work. In our first video, we will show you how to submit your writing through a submission manager. More videos are on the way!

What is a submission manager?
A submission manager is an online form used by journals and publishers to accept and manage authors’ creative writing and information. By taking five minutes to watch the video below, you will be an expert at making online submissions using a submission manager!

Click here to watch the video tutorial.

[yframe url=’http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld5Gg07Qa9g’]

Submit to Review Board

9 Comments

1. Jım Ryan

I live ın Turkey. The Islamo-fascist governemnt has banned you-tube. Is there another medıum I can use to view this video?
    Thank you.
    Jim Ryan

2. Jım Ryan

Thank you.
    Jim Ryan

3. Larry Craig

March 12, 2010 I live in China and you-tube is blocked here too. Is there another medium I can use? Thank you.

Larry Craig

4. Angela

Great video, very informative. Thanks for the submission!

5. Stella

Like Jim, I live in Turkey and cannot access YouTube. Is it possible to use another format to view the video?

Stella

6. Christine Cassello

While I have used online submission forms this video brought up some tips that I had not considered and I found it very well done and informative. I will be looking forward to your next one.

7. Terence Thomas

I have been submitting my poetry and short stories on line for years but rarely do I get any response, so I gave up and am concentrating on the one response I did get. A New York Writers Agency that converts novels to screenplays has accepted my novel and I am working with them now. I do appreciate it when publishers give you the courtesy of a reply.

8. Willim White

Great info on submitting to publishers electronic mail. The only problem I have with it is that "UTube." makes such fuzzy print-outs, I couldn’t read the diagrams, so, I didn’t get much out of it,. However, the voice of the woman was extremely distinct. Thank you. Wm. White

9. Writer's Relief Staff

Thank you all for your comments!

We’re aware that writers in some countries cannot currently view this video, and we’re working toward a solution. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience!

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Peter K. Hixson Contest Poetry and Short Stories ONLY! Deadline July 31st

Day(s)

Hour(s)

Minute(s)

Second(s)

Search

Reviews

“Getting that first poem published was the hardest threshold to cross. My team at Writer’s Relief kept encouraging me…then came the acceptance! We celebrated…then I continued writing, and Writer’s Relief continued doing the wonderful work they do!”

—King Grossman, Writer
(Watch King’s video testimonial here!)

“Every piece I have sent out with their help has been accepted for publication! I am looking forward to working with the team on getting my new novel out into the world.”

Services Catalog

Free Publishing Leads
and Tips!

Featured Articles

Featured Video

YES, IT'S MY LUCKY DAY!
Sign me up for
FREE Publishing Leads & Tips
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

WHY? Because our insider
know-how has helped
writers get over 18,000 acceptances.

FREE Publishing Leads and Tips! Our e-publication, Submit Write Now!, delivered weekly to your inbox.
  • BEST (and proven) submission tips
  • Hot publishing leads
  • Calls to submit
  • Contest alerts
  • Notification of industry changes
  • And much more!
close-link

STOP! BEFORE YOU GO...
Sign me up for
FREE Publishing Leads & Tips
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

WHY? Because our insider
know-how has helped
writers get over 18,000 acceptances.

• BEST (and proven) submission tips