Need help submitting your writing to literary journals or book publishers/literary agents? Click here! →
Poetry Submissions: Learn To Submit Your Poems For Publication!
Want to know how to make poetry submissions that will get noticed? You’re in the right place! You’ve found a FREE resource for poets!
Submitting your writing for publication can be frustrating if you’re doing it alone. The articles below will teach you everything you need to know about poetry submissions. Learn how (and where) to get your poems published!
Whether you’re a new writer or a veteran, you’ll find something here to help. And, as always, we appreciate tweets, shares, and likes! If you find our page helpful, please tell your writer friends. And if there’s a topic we haven’t covered, let us know!
Submit your poetry to our Review Board if you would like to be considered for Writer’s Relief’s author submission service. Otherwise, read these great articles that are part of our FREE Publishing Tool Kit!
How And Where To Submit Your Poems
- What Are Simultaneous Submissions? What are “simultaneous submissions,” and how can they benefit you? Find the answers here.
- 3 Signs You Need A Stronger Submission Strategy To Reach Your Publishing Goals. Even if your writing regimen is fantastic, a so-so submission strategy will make it almost impossible to get published. Here are tips for a strong submission strategy.
- Poetry Submissions To Literary Journals And Magazines. Learn how to submit to literary magazines. Literary journals are the BEST place to publish your individual poems.
- How To Find Literary Journals To Publish Your Poems. Now that you know how to make poetry submissions to magazines, learn how to research markets that publish poems.
- Seduction of Fake Poetry Contests. Beware! Think twice before submitting to dubious “anthology” contests.
- How To Publish A Poetry Book, Chapbook, Or Collection Of Poems. Once you have published many individual poems in literary journals, you can begin to think about publishing a collection. This covers making submissions to contests, editors, and presses.
- How Much Money Can I Make Writing Poems? Poetry submissions may not be a get-rich-quick plan. Here’s why.
- Poetry Submissions To Anthologies. Anthologies can be a rich source of publication opportunities for poets.
- Poetry Submissions To Independent And University Publishers. If you’re in the market to submit a book of poems, learn how to submit to small and independent presses!
- How To Get Your Poetry Published. A basic guide to poem submissions.
- Five Ways To Make Money As A Poet. Poetry publications aren’t especially lucrative. But here are a few ways to make extra bucks!
- How To Market Your Poetry. You’ve made your magazine submissions. You’ve been published. Now what? Time to promote!
- Where New Writers Can Get Poetry Submissions Published. Editors truly are looking for work from new writers!
- List of Poetry Contests, Calls For Poetry Submissions, etc. Check out our (always free!) list of calls for poetry submissions!
- Poetry Submissions: How To Choose Which Poems To Submit. Learn the facts about how many poems you should send and how you can package them for maximum acceptability.
- Where To Submit Poetry For Money. Find out how you can make money on your poetry!
- The One Thing You Must Know To Get A Poetry Collection Published.We reveal the number one technique to get your poetry collection published.
- Should A Poet Get A Literary Agent? Writer’s Relief discusses reasons why poets shouldn’t be querying literary agents.
- How To Write Poetry: Make It Easy For Editors To Say YES To Your Poems You don’t have to give up the heart/art of your poetry, but these few tips will ensure your poems are “easy” for editors to say yes to.
- The Nature Of Nature Poetry: 5 Tips For Writing Your Best Nature Poems Vividly capturing the essence of nature in your poetry can be frustrating. Here are tips for writing poems about nature that will help you stand out!
- How To Format Your Poetry Collection Whether you’re submitting your poetry collection or preparing to self-publish, here are some essential elements your poetry manuscript should have.
Is this page helpful to you? Then why not help us back? Please click below to share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Stumbleupon!
Thoughts On Craft
Seven Techniques You Must Know To Make Editors Notice Your Poetry Submissions. You don’t have to agree with our suggestions, but be sure you know them! You know what they say: You can’t break the rules until you know what they are!
Length Matters: The Best Length For Submissions. We’ve been helping poets submit to magazines and tracking changes in the market since 1994. Is there a “golden mean” in poetry? You bet.
- Free vs. Formal Verse Poetry: A List Of Types Of Poems. Know your free verse from your formal, traditional styles.
- Poetry Submission Turnoffs: Styles And Formatting That Make Editors Cringe. We know “there are no rules.” But frankly, there are some kinds of poems that editors just aren’t eager to publish these days. Read this to learn what they are.
- Un-Think Your Poetry: How To Write Better Poems. Want to see better results when you make submissions to literary journals? Stop thinking so hard!
- Rhyming Poetry: DOs, DON’Ts, And DEFINITIONS. Rhyme is tricky. At high-end literary journals, rhyme can be tough to place. If you are going to make rhyming submissions, be aware of the risks.
- Ten Ways To Make Your Poetry Submissions Stand Out In A Crowd. Competition for literary magazine space can be tough! So be sure your poems are exceptional!
- Five Ways To Share Your Love Of Verse With Children. When you share your love of poems, you do the world a favor. Here are some ideas.
- The Healing Power Of Confessional Poetry. Sure, your poems are confessional. But are they publishable?
- Poet Susanna Rich’s Advice For Writers: Taking The Show On The Road. Want to promote a published book of poems? Here are one writer’s thoughts.
- The Language Of Musicality In Poetry: Vocabulary For Poets. Sound like you know what sounds you’re talking about.
- Fostering Originality In Poetry Submissions. It’s all been done. But maybe you can do it better.
- Poetry Is A Lifestyle Choice: How To Keep A Poetic Frame Of Mind. We’re not sure there’s such a thing as a hobbyist poet. Writing poems is a round-the-clock vocation.
- How To Write Good Rhyming Poetry. Good rhyming poetry is out there. It’s difficult to do well, but not impossible.
- Fun With Poetry: 7 Days + 7 Games = One Week To Poetic Reinvigoration! Take our 7-day poetry challenge to give your creativity a boost!
- What’s Your Poetry Personality? Find Out Which Poetry Movement Matches You! To learn which poetic style and school of thought best suits your own ideas about poetry and writing, take your “poetic pulse” with our quick quiz.
The 8 Signs You’ve Written A Good Poem. It can be difficult to know whether you’ve written a good poem, but there are signs that indicate a poem is solid, successful, and likely to be published.
More Articles About Poetry Submissions
Help With Submissions
Want help with your submissions? That’s what we’re here for! We can help you make submissions to literary journals; you write the poems and we do the paperwork! Learn more about Writer’s Relief services for poets!
Did we miss something? Comment below and let us know what topics you would like to see covered on this page!