Need help submitting your writing to literary journals or book publishers/literary agents? Click here! →
Click on the video below to learn more about the Peter K. Hixson Memorial Award for Creative Writers!
Peter K. Hixson Contest Entry Form
Submissions are closed!
• Acceptable file types are .DOC or .RTF only.
• Work must be submitted in standard format: one-inch margins (minimum), 12 pt Times New Roman or other standard font.
• No previously published work will be considered.
• One application per writer. Duplicates will result in disqualification.
• Simultaneous submissions are acceptable.
• By submitting, you agree to the terms of the contest.
• All fields below are mandatory.
NOTE: We are not accepting submissions for novels. For novelists, consider sending stand-alone excerpts. This is a great strategy to build publication credits before approaching literary agents. Check out ways to create an excerpt.
To submit a novel excerpt, please select “Short Stories” from the drop-down menu below.